Wednesday 31 December 2008

On the Eve of a New Year


Happy New Year to you all!

I am now suffering with the same cold that Mr Kitsch had last week. (If he had man-flu, can I have 'lady-flu'?) Funnily enough I had flu this time last year, and had to welcome in the New Year chimes with nothing more than a glass of Lemsip. I feel a bit better today, so I'm hoping I can have a jollier time tonight. Maybe a glass of Ribena!

Whatever I have in my glass, I can tell you that I shall be wishing for a good new year with all my heart. 2008 has not been the happiest year. My sister had to have two operations, my mum also had an operation when she broke her hip, and has been in poor health, and I've had a few problems too. And it's not just me - other friends have suffered illness, depression, financial difficulties and marriage break-up. It's been extraordinary that there's been so much bad news all round.

So although it's just a date on the calendar, I want to use the New Year as a chance to look forward to more positive times.
I'm really, really hoping for a Happy New Year! And I hope it's good for everyone!

6 comments:

Jenn said...

Happy New Year, to better health!!

Renee said...

Ye - Happy New Year to you too! Feel better! Lot's of hugs from across the pond!

Gretchen Moss said...

Yes!!! Let's have a good 2009!! 2008 was tragic in so many ways. I'm hoping for a good one! Happy New Year!!!

Teena Vallerine said...

Happy New Year sweetie! Just keep posting all those lovely whacky pictures and I'll be smiling! Thank-you! t.x

Cowboys and Custard Mercantile said...

Wishing you a very belated Happy New Year.. I hope this year brings you health, wealth and happiness Elaine!

With love
Michele xx

Melvyn said...

Love your stuff, especially the stunning little house, so I'd love to be included in the giveaway competition.

confession: I made the Cutty Sark, The Santa Maria and The Golden hind - well that's what Airfix said they were. My results looked more like Pirates Of The Carribean. But Mechano was much more satifying - no glue!

So give up the glue if you really want but don't give up the kitch and the craft - and the photos.