Wednesday 14 January 2009

Wonderful things

I must admit, in setting up this blog, I have never got around to adding links to my favourite sites, blogs, artists, etc. It's one of those things that I see as a mammoth task. There are so many great places to visit. How do I choose?
One blog I hadn't looked at for a long time, but can thoroughly recommend, is art for housewives, a rather wonderful treasury of links to fantastic art & craft. I found it mentioned on someone else's blog, and it reminded me I hadn't looked there for ages.

Tonight, I found a link on there to the site of Janet Cooper. I'm so excited at finding all this beautiful work.

I feel like she's been through my stash of treasures, added some more I'd like to have, and then fashioned something far more wonderful than I ever could.
quilt by Janet Cooper
All these lovely pictures are her work.

It's all so inspiring, and so much like the work I've been trying to do (but much better!). It's making me want to make something right now!

p.s. As my next blog will be my 50th post, I'm going to have a giveaway. Look out for it in the next couple of days!

1 comment:

Poppy said...

Hi, I am your partner for the valentines swap!
If you would like to email me your address, louise.grace@o2.co.uk that would be great!
Hopefully we should have lots of fun!
Take care love Lou xxx