Monday 29 March 2010

Tog Love Frome

Wasn't it a lovely day on Saturday? Well, it was down here. And it was all the lovelier because we went to a great vintage fair. It was the Rook Lane Vintage Fair in Frome. I got some wonderful trinkets from Leonore (a.k.a International Quality Kitsch). I also went a bit wild with the buttons and ricrac, but I have creative plans for those!

There were some great stalls to browse and enjoy, including Lizzie's. I found out about this fair from her blog, which I thoroughly recommend, especially if you want to know about fab vintage events in the South West.


Do you see that blue floral chopping board in the picture above? I was rather drawn to that, but I wasn't sure I could justify buying it, just because I liked the pattern. But the gods of vintage shopping were smiling on me, because I went to charity shop later in the afternoon and guess what I found? A cute little pot in the same design! Well, you can't argue with Fate!

Mr Kitsch really enjoyed himself too, even to the extent of writing about the things he bought in his own blog. (This blogging lark is very addictive.) He got so far into the spirit of the thing, he dressed in vintage clothes, so he got into the fair free. No this photo isn't Mr Kitsch...

And why is this post called something about Tog? Well, several years ago, I made Mr Kitsch a funny animal toy as a present. It was meant to be wonky and odd, so when I embroidered a message on the back, I made that wonky too. It said " To G Love from E". (He's Gary, I'm Elaine.) Unfortunately, when Mr Kitsch saw it, he read it as "TOG LOVE FROME". So the toy was known as Tog, and he loves to go Frome. So he came with us on Saturday too!

After I took the photos of Tog, he got hold of the camera and started messing about, taking photos of himself. Naughty Tog!

7 comments:

Mumxie said...

Hi That chopping board was on my stall! I took some Taunton Vale to Rook Lane Retro 2 yrs ago and met someone who put me in touch with a Lady who's mum designed it. She lives 2 villages away from me. I love the little bowl you found. I haven't seen that one before.

Space Cadet said...

Just in case you are wondering, Tog is a Miniature Belgian Blue Button-Eyed Fabric Hound. I think one of the breed won Crufts a few years back.

menopausalmusing said...

I have serious ric-rac lust here....... Loved the story of the little dog you made, the last photos made me laugh out loud.

It was lovely to hear about your mum and her association with orchids, by the way. I loved the show, and like I said it was lovely to be with people who have a passion about something.

Country Cottage Chic said...

Tog Love Frome....haha! I can see why he thought that though!

Nice finds - I couldn't go to the Frome fair as I was in London on that day. Maybe next time...

Jayne

Country Style Living said...

Great finds...love Tog...very cute

Camilla said...

Holy Moly! I was in FROME on Saturday up in the attic at Black Swan Arts making a basket. Why didn't I know of this fair?! We could've met up for a cup of tea and some cake. pants.

The Custards said...

This is all wonderful - how I wish I could crochet and rustle up a few eggs for breakfast!